Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday, October 30

This week has been rough. Corbin went in to the GI specialist on Wednesday only to find out that he had not gained in 2 weeks. So he was still at 9lbs. Sigh. :( This meant that we needed to stop nursing completely and put him on special formula (Neocate). I am now in the painful process of not nursing. I don't even get to wean him. I just had to stop. :..( I nursed him a few times on Wednesday after the appointment and a few times on Thursday but that night was the last time I nursed him. When he threw up on me while I was nursing him I knew that we had to stop. So we are on Neocate full time now.
I know in the long run it will be better for him. I am just very emotional about it right now. Some moments it is easier than others but overall it is still very hard. My friends have been great in taking care of me. I was rarely alone today and tomorrow looks just as full. They are being so loving and caring, even when I get grumpy and snarky. I hope that someday I can repay them for this because I want to show them the love and compassion that they have shown me.

No comments:

Post a Comment